I did it...I jumped into a new quilt project. I've started Bonnie Hunter's mystery, "En Provence." I'm linking to her Monday progress post here.
I didn't have enough off-white fabrics or magenta yardage so I am awaiting a package from Hancock's of Paducah and also awaiting the template Bonnie is using for the mystery. That probably translates into no further action on this project until the weekend.
But I can pull out the quilt I was working on before the new puppy arrived and Christmas preparations took all my time..."Full Bloom." I managed to get all the big blocks cut and glued in November. Each of these blocks took at least two hours to put together.
I have 48, 8-inch blocks to make of single flowers. I need to glue all those parts into place. Then I will start doing the top stitching to permanently hold everything in place.
I've also resurrected a set of dresdan plates...I think there is common train of thought in all my current projects...colors. A bit dreary this time of year but not in the studio. I found this background green batik on sale for $5 a yard and I think it was just what I had been searching for the last few years.
My first job today will be to take down the Christmas tree which the animals used as a base for playing tag with each other. I only had one ornament causality. I put up handmade ornaments that wouldn't lead to an emergency room visit if a puppy ate part of it. I made that mistake the last time I got a puppy in December.
Oh...and Breakfast Club meets on Thursday to make it's annual mystery quilt. I'm still on the fence about attending...I better decide pretty soon.