Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Glimpse of Paris


Our first day in Paris...the view from our hotel room. The iconic Eiffel Tower! We faced the park in front of the Louvre Museum. In July and August a carnival is set up in the park so you also see some of the rides in the foreground.

I think that first day we took the metro to the Arch de Triumph. We didn't fight the crowds to get to the top...see all the tiny people on top? We did a tremendous amount of walking.


It was a very successful trip. We found an apartment which I will share video of in a day or two. Most importantly, I will have a sewing room in our Paris apartment. Lots to share but also lots to take care of before we move. My head is jammed with too much information to process right now!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

How very, very exciting. So glad you were able to find an apartment, and with a sewing room, too!! Looking forward to more pictures.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I wondered when we would be hearing from you! Looking forward to seeing photos of the new apartment. I'm so glad to hear you will have a sewing room - now you know you have to pack a sewing machine and lots of fabric to take with you - I have heard the fabric in Europe is very, very expensive you know!
Karen

kellsgal said...

Debbie, I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear more.
Melody