Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A Weekend of Snow Leads to Quilting Progress

Today was beautiful and sunny after four straight days of nonstop snowing. I snapped this photo at the end of my driveway to post on Facebook for one of my neighbors who is vacationing in Maui. Too bad she will have to come home to this. It is beautiful but the temperatures have gone sub-zero and will be there for most of the week. 


I faithfully watch the weather report so Thursday I stocked up on groceries. When I got home late Friday afternoon from my Jazzercise class, the flakes were just starting to fall. I just happened to have a quilt top loaded on my frame with a snowflake theme. I'm pleased to be getting lots of time on my mid-arm quilting machine. I may have a third of the quilting done. I am really hoping to finish it for the Breakfast Club meeting on Jan. 26th.


I will venture into town tomorrow but hurry back home to quilt some more.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

do you have to try to clear your driveway yourself or do you have someone do it for you - that is a lot of snow and not a really short driveway! I am a faithful weather watcher - my hubby says obsessed lol but I just really do not want to run out of things in bad weather!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

and forgot to say - great quilt!

CecileD said...

I don't know if, for you, snow is beautiful or source of harm ! But I can say it's sooo pretty because in France, we don't have a lot except in mountains !
Your quilt is fabulous as the quilting !!

Ramona said...

Perfect quilt for your snowy days. Snow days are great, aren't they? (As long as I don't have to go out in it! :D)

Suz J said...

Coming from a place where it never snows... I just can't imagine having that sort of temperature or snow fall! I think I must be a big wuss. Although being stuck in and "having" to quilt sounds like something I could get used to :o)