Sunday, April 23, 2017

Extra Credit

Working with my scraps from the last project....


has led to an actual quilt inspiration. 

 I also had a stack of 2 1/2 x 5-inch rectangles left from the "Splash" Bali pop and I wanted to make a star block, put it on point, and create corner blocks with the mini triangle cross hatch blocks. I think I have it all figured out with a little help from my EQ 7 program.

An enhanced carpenter's star...perfect!


I am so proud of myself for actually thinking to use Bonnie Hunter's tool for making HSTs. 


Maybe I can get this little top pieced before Breakfast Club on Thursday. I was going to do some more sewing tonight but my dogs just came inside from playing in the backyard...not good...it is "breakup" season in Alaska. Snow is melting like crazy and my backyard is a bit soupy. The pups don't look too muddy but they sure are stinky. This will make their third bath this week! And the mosquitoes have shown up with the warmer temperatures. The bears are awake too but haven't seen any yet...

I think Kinley will be the first to get in the shower. She does not want to look at me. Not volunteering to go first.

5 comments:

CecileD said...

I think your 2 puppets are twins !! ah ah !
Lovely setting for your quilt ! I love it :))

Ramona said...

I love your batiks with the black... the colors just pop. Your design is going to be awesome!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like it is hard to keep up with the dogs during this time of year in Alaska - but I'm sure you have looked forward to the warmer weather but not the mosquitoes. Love your carpenter stars

Rebecca said...

I actually had a dog named Jack that in the heat of summer would find stuff (lets be honest here S##t and mud) to roll in. The he would come into the house with a big doggy grin, so we would throw him in the shower. Only in the heavy heat of summer!

Suz J said...

Great scrap management! It is always a satisfied feeling to use up all those little bits. But what... this isn't going to be a ginormous great big quilts? Are you feeling OK :o)