This is why I blog...to have an accounting of my projects.
It really helps me have a sense of accomplishment when I look back at what happened with my time.
I came up with a design for my latest scrappy half square triangle blocks. I discovered about 100 more scrappy HSTs while cleaning a drawer in my sewing room and now I don’t know what I will do with those...another challenge.
Two tiny International Santas to add to my collection, Scandinavian and African Santa.
My Snowman family is finished. A difficult set to put in storage so they might stay on display year-round. Very challenging to get some of the arms attached. Thankfully, I had a curved upholstery needle in my stash.
Summer is here in Eagle River, Alaska.
Gardening and landscaping are now my primary projects.
Our garden nurseries were just wiped out of inventory this year. So funny how first it is toilet paper and now it’s plants! I just barely managed to find nursery starts of the plants I usually grow. Mostly broccoli, red cabbage and several varieties of kale. Missing are beets and carrots.
My “Tub Wall,” needed two plants replaced. Pretty normal to lose one or two plants a year. One year a moose decided not to use the stairs so that took out a couple of plants. I also like to add a top dressing of fresh potting soil to every tub. The “WOW” wheel my son made me when he was learning to weld...also flips to spell, “MOM.”
Last summer I really wanted to rearrange the plants in my perennial garden...it happened yesterday. There were several spots where plants never grew well so I spent time amending the soil..everywhere. So happy I got this done the first week of June.
Soooo many other landscaping projects to tackle!
I must say I have been sleeping well every night with all this physical work.