Friday, July 2, 2021

Recap of June

 No quilting of any kind was tackled in June.

I did finish two Bucilla stockings. "Winter Magic," and "Snow Queen." 


My biggest accomplishment was finishing my bag project, "A Place for Everything 2.0."


The front side...


the backside...


and inside.


This pattern from By Annie, is amazing. She has several videos to show her techniques. It took me a month to make this bag...I tried to take my time and work on it a little each day so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed by the challenge. 

I will share pictures of it all packed up with goodies for my next retreat in September. 

The 2021 Santa ornaments from Sandra Cozzolino were released in June.
 I am anxious to get started on this series, "Christmas Day."


I am spending most of my time outside...as it should be!


My blue Himalayan poppies are always the biggest attraction in my perennial beds.

6 comments:

Deborah said...

The blue poppies are so beautiful. I tried to start some; I bought the seed and when they came up they were a flower that was about 6 inches high with a small red flower. Definitely no the blue himalayans that the package said!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat bag and love those flowers!

CecileD said...

Your bag is wonderful !! Congratulations !!
The patterns of ByAnnie are fabulous and in France, we love them !!
Happy 4th of July Debbie !

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is a great bag, you'll be able to use that for years to come.

Sally said...

I have been intrigued by the Blue Himalayan Poppies for a long time...I need to figure out if they will grow in my area...I just love the patterns from By Annie...might need to make one of those for my cross stitching projects.

Mary said...

I love the bag. It is always so helpful to watch videos. Glad you are enjoying being outdoors. The poppies are beautiful.