Sunday, April 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I tell you...Miss Judy's UFO Challenge has just been the best blog event for me. A silly little list published on my blog is enough to get me to make the effort to get projects done that were becoming dust collectors. I am binding my UFO that was due in March.


Two sides of binding left to go. I am just trying these handy binding clips for the first time. Love them. So nice not to be poked by pins.


Sunday I added the borders to my valences for my kitchen window. This was not on my UFO list but could have been. The cut pieces have been sitting in a bag for two years. 


I took a break from major projects to catch up on some blog BOMS. 


And I finally...I got the backing and batting loaded on Marta to start quilting this Mckenna Ryan art quilt. This is my UFO due for April.

5 comments:

Charlene S said...

Wow, busy week with lots done. All your quilts are quite beautiful.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know what you mean...it's amazing that this UFO challenge list works!
I'm doing the same thing as you are today!

AnnieO said...

Pretty, pretty projects happening under your fingers! I've found the UFO list to be incredibly motivating too. So far I am 3 for 3 and it has been a weight off my mind to clear some of these old treasures out.

Bonnie said...

You are getting so much done. Good for you. I love finishing UFO's but need to focus on a few more to get some more finished! Today I hope to finish a little Easter wall hanging from blocks from 1994!

Gari in AL said...

Your Henrietta looks great, as do all your projects. But tell me, how are you going to quilt the art quilt. I have hesitated to make her quilts because of the quilting all those little pieces. I have Beach Walk patterns but they are still in the bag.