Monday, October 24, 2011

Another Week to Tackle

I am tackling the setting triangles for a BOM from Shannon at Pieceful Kwilter.


But first I finished the 10th Block.


A look at my first audition for setting triangles...


Pretty, but I think the green triangles don't have enough contrast.


This is much better.


I might try another green...still auditioning.

This week I am going to start a new project. It's been awhile since I've done that.


It's time for my Breakfast Club gathering on Thursday. I haven't been the best participant the last few months...the night before many of these dates have been unusually difficult nights. In July, Forrest went missing the night before that date. In September my husband felt very ill the night before...so instead of trying to join in on the official class pattern I have decided to take on a strip pattern I already have. This is from the Cozy Quilt Designs book, "Strip Clubbing." I wanted to use some of my Hoffman Bali pops that have been sitting around for years...from the first release of Bali pops.

This pattern looks Southwestern to me so I pulled colors with that look in mind.


The dark teal will be the small pinwheel color.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Your BOM looks wonderful. I like the darker triangle in your setting triangle, too. Your Bali pop colours look great. It will be fun to watch and see what the end result is.

Lynette said...

I just love, LOVE the colors in your BOM project. :D

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the BOM looks great. I know what you mean about quilt groups - sometimes I miss more Friday morning groups then I attend. Also we meet on the first Thursday night of the month for a different group and I forget about that one half the time too.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous blocks! I like the blue/purple in the setting triangles.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Ohh, I love this design! Don't we all have a Bali pop or two lying around to make this? Can't wait to see yours finished!

Sand and Sunshine said...

What a change that one fabric makes. Best of luck with whichever way it turns out.