Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Tale of Two Cities

Facebook pops a photo from your past up every now and then. This was yesterday's photo. My first week in Paris, with my shopping trolley as I headed to the farmers' market.


I couldn't resist...had to take a picture three years later...


Our temperatures were in the mid-twenties yesterday...my idea of the perfect winter temperature. Kinley, who is almost 6 months old, just went on a little walk with me. We were trying to finish up before the sun set but it was not easy since our hours of daylight are under 8 hours and diminishing by more than five minutes every day.

Living in Paris was a grand adventure but I am so happy to be home with my new dog. My husband has this month off...sweet! In December he will be back to helping get those packages from the North Pole to all the good little girls and boys. (He's a pilot for Fed Ex).

I have been spending a bit of time just hanging out with my husband...a nice luxury for sure! We finally used our fireplace. I have plopped myself in our great room, with a mountain view and a crackling fire. Perfect spot for watching a little television while working on my latest Christmas project.


I'm so happy to get to the stage where I start adding all the sequins on this advent calendar.


Next up will be  making the ornaments that count down to Christmas.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a difference for sure I bet between Paris and Alaska :) I think I would choose Alaska too between the two but I would have to get used to those cold temps - we have not had many cold days yet and not even a frost here - low temp has been 41 - in the 30's at night soon I'm sure but daytimes will be in the 50's for awhile. Your dog is so cute - hope you are being watchful on those walks!

Lynette said...

That's a pretty advent calendar. :) Love the scroll-stitching on it. I really enjoyed watching your time in Paris. What a great opportunity that was.

CecileD said...

Thank you so much for sharing these lovely photos !
As you know, I'm French but I don't like Paris....too much people !
So I can understand that your preference goes for Alaska !

Kathy Schwartz said...

So nice to hear your hubby as a month off work and that you can spend time together in your Alaskan home. You had quite the adventure in Paris, I enjoyed all your posts about your life there, now I can look forward to post again about winter in Alaska! I'm still waiting for the snow to arrive here!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad you are in Alaska now and not France -