Saturday, August 20, 2016

Sew Much to Share

The August Breakfast Club is next week and I realized yesterday that I forgot to share Show and Tell from July. So here is a quick look as what the ladies have accomplished even with the nice summer weather we had in May, June and July.

This is a laser cut kit from an Alaska designer, Dana Michelle. Here is a link to her webstore: Wildfire Designs. She has several great Alaska theme kits. 


A small quilt that will be made into a pillow for a bride. The colors are her wedding colors.


This little wreath is such a popular pattern lately, "Fold'n Stitch Wreath." I love Marie's version because she did a blanket stitch that really makes a great addition to the design.


This is one of those deceptive quilts that you start putting together with your scraps but find you need to buy a little fat quarter or two to get the colors just right! Laura started this with some leftover layer cakes. We all know how that happens. Your trying to just pull from your stash but you find something is missing. The end result is beautiful so she made the right choice.


This beautiful cross stitch piece is being turned into a pillow. Perfect for Barb's cabin.


This is the pattern, Himalayan Pink. I need to add a picture of mine to this post. I think this was our April project. I believe this was a kit that was added to...I should have written some notes.


Obviously I should have gotten this quilter to turn her quilt so we could see it properly...but you get the idea. I think this was another Breakfast Club pattern from a long time ago. I remember it but can't remember the name.


A small project from scraps. 


And a nice big quilt from Thimbleberry fabrics.


A sweet quilt for a baby girl.


My version of Himalayan Pink with a set of batiks from Moda's Holly Taylor. They had been aging just long enough!


And our project for August will be this Moda Bake Shop pattern, "Speedwell Quilt." It is a layer cake pattern, 54 x 72-inches. Looks like a great quickie.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Thank you for sharing all those great projects...it gives me some idea for scraps and some for quick projects.

Cocopatch said...

I love the first and the last quilt! You have a great group of quilters!

Unknown said...

I love the purple quilt. What pattern did you use. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I’d like to know the purple pattern also. Or the measurements of the pieces. Beautiful!