Sunday, July 30, 2017

Busy as a Bee

Yesterday, I got a wonderful email from a woman who viewed my series of Youtube videos on how to make Bucilla felt kits. She shared her completed project and I found her way of making the name for the stocking wonderfully unique. The instructions call for embroidering the name but she did her's as a felt applique. Love it!


Of course, I thought....why didn't I think of that?  I learn so much from others when I share.

My latest landscaping project is a success. I used plant support cages to block of an area of lawn that needed to be leveled and reseeded. With two young, large dogs in the family, keeping them off the new dirt was the toughest part. After three weeks I had a good crop of grass and one weed in the middle.


My perennial flower garden is bursting with color.


My only frustration is the delphiniums I planted have turned out to be white...usually they are purple. I want purple. 


Since Breakfast Club was Thursday...I got a quilt top finished in time for show and tell. Love the denim color of the blues. Lots of piecing with this quilt design. I cut the fabric at the April Breakfast Club. I felt like I was working Bonnie Hunter design with all this piecing,


Roughly, 71 x 89. The pattern is Chain Log Cabin from the book, "Moda All-Stars Scraps Made Simple," designed by Laura Boehnke.

I also got the first set of pillow shams completed. Happy Dance!!!


So much has been going on...one not good thing was our cat went missing...four days. I was so sad...and then he came home!


We have not been letting him go outside except in our enclosed dogrun. He seems to be okay with being an inside cat. I think he is close to 20 pounds now and a little over a year old. He looks perfectly healthy...guess he was just enjoying hunting for a few days. Kind of hard to work on my computer when he decides to spend some quality time with me. I am so happy he made it back home from his adventure.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

your landscaping and the quilt look great - so glad kitty came back and wasn't attacked in the woods!

Sally said...

Our kitty is also an inside cat...occasionally he sneaks outside when we let the dogs out but once he gets out there, it's like he doesn't know what to do with himself...he gets this panicked look on his face and his tail twitches and he runs back inside where it's familiar and safe. I love your landscaping...so pretty!

Ramona said...

I love how the name was added to the stocking! Great idea. Your red and denim quilt is great. There are a lot of pieces in that design. You've been very busy lately! (But when are you not??)

Mary said...

Your landscaping projects turned out great. So glad your cat returned home safe and sound.