Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Winter Has Arrived

Hubby and I made a quick trip to Houston for a family wedding. When we left last Wednesday our yard was void of much color as all the leaves had fallen off the trees. We drove home from the airport on Monday in a snow storm. I'm giving myself a major pat on the back for getting my snow tires on before our trip. We had great traction for our horrible road conditions. 

Since the snow storm on Monday we have had chilly but sunny weather.


The dogs just can't stand to be inside with new snow on the ground.


I got the smocked dress for my grand niece done in time to give her at the family events last weekend.


Even smocked some socks for her. 


I also bought a denim dress and did a little ribbon embroidery. My attempt at a Texas Bluebonnet. And some little socks to go with the dress.


I am a quilter...really. But this quilt picture below isn't my project. This is the pattern the Breakfast Club group is tackling in November. I will miss the meeting again but I ordered the pattern today because it is too cute! It is "Peppermint Lane Block of the Month," by Sew Emma. 


I'm rather panicked that Christmas is so very close.
I am really hoping to finally quilt some of the Christmas quilt tops aging on my studio shelves. 
If only the house was self-cleaning!

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the dogs look like they are having a blast! Love the photos of the snow and could just imagine seeing a moose tromping through there. I have just now been getting caught up on blogs from the last couple months, we had been traveling and had horrible WiFi the last couple months and I wasn't reading blogs - it was too much trouble - I have been going though some of your post and see you made progress with the landscaping!

Sally said...

I would gladly pay for a self-cleaning and self-cooking house....spare no expense! Alas, technology hasn't caught up with my dreams yet. I can't believe it's already snowed....am not fond of winter (snow and ice) although I have no problem with cold temps.

O'Quilts said...

Amazing snow...nice post

Suz J said...

Wow... check out all that snow! You have been busy and all the projects are looking terrific. The Xmas pattern looks like it could be very useful as the blocks could be reinvented for other things, even if you don't end up making the whole quilt.