Monday, December 17, 2018

More Christmas Quilting

I am definitely on a roll with my quilting.

This scrappy star quilt is just under 40-inches square and was made with the triangle scraps cut from the Christmas Star quilt I finished quilting in my last post. Sometimes staying in the quilting mindset really works to keep my creative thoughts flowing.


I was so thrilled earlier this year when I came up with this design to use my scraps. I wanted to have it done to share at the upcoming Breakfast Club Mystery class on Dec. 27th. My goal was to be able to share both star Christmas quilts together. The star quilt from my previous post was last year's mystery pattern.

 Here is the very fun backside!


Two Christmas quilts done...in one season!

I have two more Christmas quilt tops I would love to get quilted before 2019 but I have had a hard time finding backing fabrics I like. I ordered some a couple of months ago but when they arrived I found the quality of the fabric was not worthy to be used.


I ordered two more pieces of backing fabrics paying more attention to the manufacturers, 
We'll see which backing shows up first. 


In the meantime I really need to spend some more time working on my Christmas moose dolls....and Christmas cards...and shopping for a few more presents.

5 comments:

CecileD said...

Pfewwwwwwwww...I love your star ! And the quilting is just gorgeous !
Congratulations for this finish Debbie !
I wish you a Merry Christmas to you and all your family !
xo

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have only one time ordered a piece of fabric that I didn't like - but used anyway - and then wish I hadn't. You were probably wise not to use the fabric. Maybe you will have the quilts ready for next year.

Sally said...

The quilting on your scrappy stars quilt is lovely. I have always wanted a longarm or even a
midarm but I know I am not quite that talented with actual quilting. I'll stick with the piecing and let my quilter do the rest. Merry Christmas to you and yours! And a Most Happy New Year to you all.

Suz J said...

Love that present quilt, although the star one is a close second! It is always a surprise about backing fabric quality, as pricing doesn't seem to be a good guide either. Very difficult for online purchases! Have a merry Xmas! 🎁

Nukkadwala said...

Thank you very much. I agree with your article, this really helped me. I appreciate your help.
Mango lassi order online