Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Halloween Treats

I have been working away in the evenings on a set of Halloween ornaments from the Bucilla kit, “Vintage Halloween.” Here’s a look at my spooky finishes.


A new technique with the pumpkin ornament was adding "strings," of beads.
 Once I got the hang of it,
 it is was easy and looks great!


It was pretty challenging to work with felt and pointy ends that have a bead. 
Yipes...not easy.


The skeleton was pretty simple.


Okay...the spider was labor intensive. Chenille sticks are the foundation of the legs but have to be trimmed and then stitched inside a folded strip of felt. 

A nice challenge and it came out great.


The ghost was nice and easy. I have one ornament left to make, an owl. 

After I finish the owl ornament I will start my granddaughter's stocking.


This Christmas Llama stocking looks pretty simple. 
I think it will take a week of evenings. 


I spent days making design boards...mostly to use with my Bucilla felt projects. 

I got a bit obsessed with getting one of my retreat projects to the next stage.

Blocks and sashing all put together. 


Loving it!
 I have a set of Bali pops that match the layer cake and am planning to make a piano key border.


I did a quick mock-up on EQ.
Thumbs up!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are so cute- and I loved the batiks used in the quilt

Ramona said...

The Halloween ornaments are so cute! I need to get working on my granddaughters stocking again. Made good progress in August and then stopped. She isn't due until after Christmas, though, so it shouldn't be needed this year. Love your quilt, too!

Lynette said...

These ornaments are so adorable!

Sally said...

Darling Halloween ornaments...those points look intimidating! I love that you use so many batiks...they make me happy.

Suz J said...

You sure do have lots of patience with those decorations... they are way beyond me! Love how your green quilt is progressing... gotta love a secondary design... and the design mockup looks terrific with the border