Sunday, November 8, 2020

A Great Start to November in the Studio

I finished my mini Fall Frolic, a 35-inch square. I gathered those chopped of corners from the original Fall Frolic and just had to make a mini one! 

With the help of EQ7, I took a photo of my border fabric and was able to make a pretty close rendition of the colors.


A little close up of the quilting...it mimics quilting on the big Fall Frolic.


Here are the two quilts hanging together in my dining room...a gloomy day so not an accurate look at the vibrant colors. I am not sure where the mini will be displayed...I'm already thinking of getting the Christmas garlands with lights out to combat our dark weather. 


And my second major accomplishment pictured below was finishing this top...not yet named. A set of Hoffman Bali Pops and Crackers in the colorway parrot made up this quilt. The pattern started out as "Birthday Cake," from the book "Perfect 10," by It's Sew Emma. I added blocks and a piano key border. This quilt is now 70 x 90-inches. I am thinking this will be a gift and since both my sons are over 6-feet tall, even a lap quilt has to be on the big side. 


I have a general idea of quilting circles which pop the further away I am from the design wall. The colors remind me of walking through the woods. Indoor winter pictures of quilts...not so good. These colors are so pretty and the photo just doesn't capture those colors.

My last project is still in progress, Llama Christmas. So cute! Lots of presents get stacked on the saddle and a cactus to add for the finish...and lots of sequins in the background. This is the last planned stocking project for the year, but not the last Bucilla kit on my list.


And just like that...the holidays are approaching and I find the feeling of really not having enough hours in the day taking hold of me!

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always pretty quilts - I think you will need to start your decorating for Christmas soon - you have so many wonderful decorations -how many days does it take you to put it all up?

Sally said...

As usual, I'm in awe of your quilting and stitching. I have that Llama stocking kit in the pile of ones I want to make. I've done 8 this year and that is a record for me....all the ones for other people are done and this next year I can concentrate on the ones I want for holiday decor. Thanks for sharing all your beautiful art!

Vicki W said...

I love your mini Fall Frolic!

Anonymous said...

The easiest way to make lentils is to boil the lentils and take them out in a bowl, add a spoon of our amazing Dal <a href="https://kwikfoods.in/>kwik foods</a> to it, to make it taste amazing.

sumit mandal said...

The easiest way to make lentils is to boil the lentils and take them out in a bowl, add a spoon of our amazing Dal to it, to make it taste amazing.