Monday, November 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I met my weekly goal again!


I cheated a little. I didn't get the bear done so I borrowed one from another stocking for the photo. I've been working on this stocking for at least four years...the accessories were the problem. See the peppermint candies...those were supposed to be paper-pieced and in green and white. I just couldn't get them to turn out to my satisfaction so I decided to look for buttons. It took years to find and they were a little pricey but they definitely "make" the stocking.

What I love about making these stockings is the variety of techniques each one incorporates. In this one I made the eyelet lace from the designer's excellent instructions. There is usually traditional patchwork, traditional or fusible applique, paper piecing, stuffed bears to make and sometimes clothes for those bears. I love it when the bears have clothes.


Can I finish another stocking for this week's goal?


I need to hang my stocking collection this weekend so I hope this one will get to join the party.

Also on the wall is my quickie quilt top that just needs some borders.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Those stocking are so adorable!!! Are you going to take a picture of your sticking collection once you have them up? Please do.

Linda said...

Hi Debbie. I just had to stop by and see what you've been up to. LOVE your stockings! And your dog looks like our old Charlie (even tho he was a shepard and not at all the size of your Tonka).

Heather said...

I can't get over those adorable stockings. And the latest one is no exception! Best of luck in finishing it up. :o)

The peppermint buttons are SO perfect! It pays to be patient, huh? lol

Diane said...

The stockings are fantastic! so unique! have fun finishing!
Happy Thanksgiving too!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What beautiful stockings! They look like a lot of work! Love the colors in your quickie quilt...that is a fun type of quilt to make.