Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 in Review

I have been enjoying reviewing my projects from 2017. I got so much done even though I felt like my quilting got ignored most of the summer. Dark, cold winters have their advantages...great quilting weather.

I always hope to get 12 pieces quilted in a year. I haven't made it yet...maybe in 2018.

Quilts completed in 2017


Northwoods Stars, 73 x 89-inches. I believe the top was pieced in 2012.



Chugach Mountain Hike, 104-inches square, top pieced in 2012.


Meadow Batiks or Practice #5. Top pieced in summer of 2014.



And two sets of pillow shams. 
I had orphan blocks for the centers from king-sized quilts I made many years ago.


Shams to match my Iditaquilt...on my bed now for winter.



A fairly recent quilt top, pieced in April of 2016. Hunter's Seaholly Star, 58 x 76-inches.


And my most amazing project of  the year...binding finished last night, 
Full Bloom,  80 x 96-inches. I bought the kit from Hancocks of Paducah in April of 2015. I started gluing the flower appliques a year ago, pieced it in May of 2017 and pulled it off the quilting frame on December 1st. 


Pieced quilt tops completed in 2017



My first Bonnie Hunter mystery, En Provence. I made mine a little smaller.
69 x 87-inches



Breakfast Club Mystery 2016. I finished it in April
Fruit Rollups, 57 x 75-inches


From the fabric scraps of the mystery quilt I made this mini top,
Cathedral Light, 40-inches square.



Chain Log Cabin 71 x 89-inches. 


Another mini top made from the scraps of a larger quilt top.
Tumbling Leaves, 34 x 35-inches


Gifts Wrapped, 64 x 88-inches


Finished this afternoon, Breakfast Club Mystery 2017
72 x 88-inches


Bucilla Kit Finishes for 2017


Nordic Santa Stocking


Two sets of Nordic Santa Ornament kits


Snow Garden Stocking


Snow Garden Ornametns


Gnome Stocking


Gnome Ornaments


Sports Santa Ornaments


Santa's Mailbox Stocking


Candy Express Stocking


Candy Express Ornaments




Cross Stitch Ornament Completions for 2017


Renaissance Santa set


Garden Santa


Wildlife Santa


Musical Santa


Birdhouse Santa


Upcoming...planned projects for 2018...

8 comments:

carol fun said...

WOW... you were very productive... love the quilts and your quilting is exquisite. Such cute ornaments too. Happy New Year and I hope you are just as productive in 2018!!

CecileD said...

OMG ! What a great and awesome production of quilts !!
And the quilting is soooo beautiful for every quilt ! Congratulations Debbie !
Happy new year ! ;)

Ramona said...

Wow! I'd say you had an extremely productive 2017! All of this in addition to all of the landscaping work you did in the summer. It's all wonderful! Happy New Year!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you had a good quilting year to me

Donna quilts said...

You were really productive in 2017!! Makes me wonder what I do with my time lol! I hope that you and your family have a wonderful New Year.

Sally said...

Golly, Debbie, I feel like a piker compared to you! You sure were prolific this past year. I've set goals to complete 3 quilts this coming year and feel that might be wishful thinking...of course I knit a ton of socks during the year so that makes up for it. Happy New Year from southwest Missouri!

Suz J said...

Wow - so many wonderful projects. It is very satisfying to finish off projects that started many years ago! And extra special if you still like them!

Nancy said...

Cathedral Light is a spectacular use of ‘scraps’. Initially when you posted about it you mentioned you were contemplating writing up the pattern and releasing it. All your work is fabulous but that patten truly calls to me so I hope it is still in the plans. Hopes for an inspirational quilting year,