Almost done with my Christmas decorating. I spent the weekend cleaning up my studio so I could use my cutting table to get a blouse cut out from a border printed batik rayon I bought at the Houston quilt show from a California vendor, Sew Batiks.
Hoping I can quickly stitch this blouse up today. Ha!
I also cut strips to make an inner border for the Christmas Gifts' quilt.
Almost two years ago I bought this adorable pattern on a Kauai vacation. I actually started it in September...time to get back to working on it.
My Material Girls quilting group came up with a panel challenge. By next May I have to reveal my finished quilt. I have had this set of Hoffman tiles for many years so these are the little panels I want to use.
This Moda Bake Shop pattern, Moroccan Tiles, is inspiring me.
And I have to share my second treadle machine rehab.
I could not believe how great she looked after a little time and elbow grease. I used Howard Restor-A-Finish followed by a coating of Howard Feed-N-Wax. I cleaned all the metal surfaces with sewing machine oil. I am naming her "Evelyn," after my grandmother. She had a treadle sewing machine that was thrown out into the burn pile because she never thought anyone would want it. We acquired this machine from some good friends who had gotten it from their mother but no one in the family sewed or really wanted it. Lucky me!
I need to contact a local fellow who gets these machines working. I hope he makes house calls!
And just had to share of pic of Kinley hanging with me in the studio this morning. She's been very clingy to me lately.