In the midst of decorating for Christmas, I took time to finish two projects that have been on my list for a few years.
"Full Bloom," is completely quilted. It is gorgeous. The real test now is washing it to get the glue out that was used to adhere all the flowers into place. I did pre-soak all the batiks in hot water for a day, so I do not expect bleeding issues.
I am so happy I made refinishing my second treadle machine a priority. I just couldn't end another year with this poor machine stuck in my garage. It had already been seven years.
I used Howard Restor-A-Finish on the wood, sewing machine oil on all the metal and then Howard Feed-n-Wax to finish the wood. It looks amazing!
My next step is to get it working. There is a local fellow who works on treadles that comes highly recommended by several quilting friends. I hope he makes house calls so I don't have to bring my two treadles to him.
I am working a little...or a lot...every day to get my Christmas decorations up. My 20-pound Maine Coon cat is making it very challenging. I won't be putting my Christmas tree up until the week of Christmas.