Monday, March 25, 2019

Spring Groove

We are having a very warm March. 
Most of our snow is gone. 
I'm all for an early spring.

I have all the blocks made for the, "Baby Honu," quilt.  I need to move some turtles around...or maybe they will move around for me.  I'll have to check my blog, but I think I bought this kit in 2016. I don't know why I bought the kit because I proceeded to change over half the fabrics.


I am planning to attend Breakfast Club this week. The quilt shop website shows they will be making the pattern, "Make It 8." You take eight fat quarters, a background and a theme fabric. It was so easy to pull this group from my stash that I figure it was just meant to be that I attend this class. 


I got three more animal sets done for the Bucilla kit, Noah's Ark Animals. The monkeys and the deer went pretty quick but the giraffes took four evenings. So stinking cute! One of the gals on my Facebook page suggested I do a theme Christmas tree next year with all the animal ornaments. 
Love that idea!


Will I actually get a quilt on the frame and done by the end of March?
 It could happen.
 I have spent a long time pondering a quilting design for this top...a couple of years.
 I am finally ready to commit to stitching.
 It is just under 40-inches so I can do it! 


I find all that doodling before I start stitching helps with my muscle memory when I actually step up to the machine.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you are warmer than places in the upper midwest and out in Vermont I heard someplace had 18 inches of snow the other day!!

Lynette said...

LOL! I do that a lot, too, changing out fabrics in a kit. Love the turtles. That's going to be a very striking quilt with the black background!

Ramona said...

I look forward to seeing how you quilt your gorgeous quilt at the end of your post. I just love how the colors pop with the black background. Great idea to have a theme tree with your animal ornaments. They are just too cute! I need to get working on another Bucilla kit. I have a number from which to choose! :)