Monday, August 22, 2011

Design Wall Monday

A short post today.


I'm getting caught up on an online BOM designed by Shannon at Pieceful Kwilter. I mistakenly made two of the same. Oh well! I still have the July and August blocks to complete. 

To the right is my paper version of my latest EQ7 quilt. I like to print the blocks up to make sure I like the size, especially for the size of the components using the theme or main print fabric. The scale is off for inserting the actual fabric photos when designing with the program so this helps me get a better idea before I start cutting. I'm happy and hope to make a sample set of blocks this week.

We are still looking for our lost puppy, Forrest. There was a possible siting of him on Friday...it's one of the most plausible ones we've had so we have renewed hope. Thank you to Karen and Nancy for sending me stories of found dogs. Nancy's from the Missoulian was really an incredible story. If you are a dog lover you might be interested. It has quite a different and wonderful ending. It's an article about a B & B but the first half talks about a Golden Retriever's journey.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Those are great. Love your colors!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Oh what pretty blocks! And your Storm at Sea is going to be beautiful. You raelly have a way with the color palette. Sure hope you find Forest! When we lost our cat, he'd been locked in the neighbor's garage without his knowledge! After 4 days missing, I'd put flyers on people's doorsteps and that did the trick. The SPCA said they rarely venture more than a block or 2 from home. Good luck!

Chris said...

Love the blocks. Love the colors. Love it all!!

Vicki H. said...

I really like the BOM pictured. Hope that you find your dog!

Sand and Sunshine said...

Oh no, you must be out of your mind with worry. Having just gone through having Sunny lost and then found again I can understand how you are feeling. Best of luck.

One of the things I did learn from a friend after Sunny was found, they have GPS and radio tracking collars for pets now. I like how precise the radio ones can be so I've been looking into that for both cats here.