Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quilting Updates

Yes...I am making progress.


I'm working on the borders of a king size quilt. But like most projects it's time to pull out the seam ripper... I've changed my mind about fabric placement on the tiny outside corner.


I am going to replace the triangle fabric with the striped one. 

I am anxious to do some sample blocks for my next project.


I took the financial plunge and bought two sets of Marti Michell's templates to try out on the storm at sea blocks. They look so cool! Grainline markings, corners trimmed to ease piecing. I just love "smart" notions.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sometimes my seam ripper gets a good work out too ;)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Desley said...

Much as I hate ripping sometimes it has to be done. I agree with you the striped fabric would be a better choice.