Monday, February 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I've been playing on EQ7 to work out a design for the blocks I made from Pieceful Kwilter's online 2011 BOM. Quick recap. I have these wonderful blocks.


Soooo...many steps later...


I'm getting much closer. I need to work on the border area.

Now...the next new project! It's already time for my monthly Breakfast Club meeting on Thursday. We are going to make Carrie Nelson's Oso from her book "Another Bite of Schnibbles." She's got a new technique in this pattern and I can't wait to try it. 



Our class leader, Marcia, put together a batik kit for this pattern using a lot of new batiks from McKenna Ryan's new line from Hoffman. They are gorgeous so I snatched one of those kits up at the store a couple of weeks ago (on the left). It calls for two background prints and I had the perfect ones in my stash...plus a few other batiks from my stash I plan to throw in the mix.


I'm sew excited to get started.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh yes, I like that version of your BOM much better. It all blends and fits well together. What about some of those on point 4 patches going around the quilt in a border?

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

I love the background fabric you chose and your setting will definitely look very nice.

Sue Daurio said...

wow, I just LOVE the on point version of the BOM, that looks wonderful!