Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Show and Tell

Here'a little eye candy...photos from my first Breakfast Club of the "summer." I neglected to get the names of the patterns so if you are interested in one, you will have to leave a comment and I will track it down.

First up...a look at the pattern from the March meeting. Three ladies had their's for show and tell. Check out how they all started with the same center panels and background.

Barb's version.


Jackie's version


And Rona's version...love all those borders.


Projects from previous BC meetings.


Jackie's strip quilt. I think I made this last summer without borders...I like the borders on this one very much!


Looks like a one-block wonder from Rona. Hard to see the cool little details in her lighter blue border in this photo. A nice touch. I think I am a "border person."


This is such a sweet little wool quilt. Jackie picked it up (the cut pieces) at a garage sale.


The next three are from Carol. I believe she is fairly new to quilting...


These are all her own designs.


I think she's a natural when it comes to this quilting business.


Kathy took on putting together all the projects she had piled on her sewing table...lots of calendar wall hangings.










And a few lap-sized quilts, too! This one uses fat quarters.




I know this pattern, from Kim Brackett's, "Scrap-Basket Surprise," Summer Breeze'


This is the project for April's BC. Most of the ladies who bought this kit got it done or pretty darn close to being done in our meeting time. 


This was Rona's version of the pattern...extremely cool! I want to make this now! I'll have to check my Alaska animal stash of fabric. I forgot to buy the pattern...it is very simple but always nice to have someone else figure out the math.


This is May's BC project...a design using fat quarters. 


And I have one more fun photo. These were my table companions, Marilyn and Erin. Erin had just acquired a new-to-her Bernina which was the same model Marilyn had...and they just happened to have coordinating light turquoise tops! 


It was such fun to see everyone again plus meet some new faces.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'd like to know the pattern for that panel quilt--the first 3 photos Debbie.

Thanks

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet it was fun to see your quilting friends again and go to breakfast with them
Nice show and tell

Caroline Ingalls said...

All the Ladies have been really busy while you were away!
I always like show and tell, so inspiring!