Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Musings

Feline Santa...ready to get a felt backing.


I started two new Bucilla Santa ornaments. Sixteen tiny dots appliqued in place.


I actually turned on my midarm...first time in eight months. Worked like a charm...except my hopping foot isn't centered...I've tried to fix this problem before and am trying again. I got a new set of templates and the 1/4" markings won't match up perfectly if the needle isn't centered in the hopping foot. I'm very good at muscling around the problem but it sure would be nice to not do that.


All of the sudden I am having a crush of quilt design ideas. I have actually bought some fabric for a fireworks-inspired quilt. I suppose I will just have to try and be ready with it for next July 4th...not going to make it this year!


And years ago I did a 12-day rafting trip on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon...a quilt design idea popped into my head spontaneously two weeks ago that I feel captures my adventure. The name was very easy to come up with, "Into the Raging Water." It is going to be a sampler with blocks named after the major rapids and other sites along the route. I would like to just drop everything else and work on these two quilt ideas...but I still haven't finished quilts I designed seven years ago...like this one!!!


I wish I could buy more hours in a day.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I remember you writing about that trip, and following your adventure. A quilt named for the trip would be a good way to revisit the trip, without actually having to do it again. ;-)

Ramona said...

If you figure out how to buy more hours, let me know. 😊 Your Fourth of July fabrics are fun! Looking forward to seeing your designs.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

when you went on that rafting trip was around the time I started to read your blog - I remember all about it :) nice fabric for the july 4th quilt - have fun with it!

carol fun said...

Those ornaments are so cute... oh so many wonderful ideas... wouldn't it be great if you could buy more hours? I know I'd spend my money that way LOL! No matter what I'm working on I'm always thinking at least 2 or 3 or 4 or more projects ahead. Have fun!

Donna quilts said...

I remember reading about that rafting trip! "Into the raging water" is a great name for that project.