I wish I was sharing some really awesome completed quilt pictures but no...just more furniture. But I do take credit for my DIY project of refinishing old furniture. Sure wish I had a "before" photo but I didn't think about that. Here are the two nightstands refinished and in place. I had my handyman make a new headboard from a photo I found on the internet.
And here is the matching dresser. The original furniture pieces had these real wood-faced drawers but the bases were particle board covered in fake wood laminate. Years ago I painted the bases an army green for one of my son's camouflage color schemed room. The bases were in pathetic shape by the time we got to our new house but the drawers were in awesome shape...no sagging drawer bottoms. So I talked with my handyman. He made new bases plus added four-inches to the bottoms of all the pieces so they are a much more up-to-date height. They look pretty nice! Perfect for a guest room.
And...a silly project that took so much more time than it should have. Lights for the nightstands in our master bedroom. I spent hours looking on the internet. There are very few places to shop for stuff like this in Anchorage. They couldn't be taller than 28-inches and I wanted a three-way light switch that would go up to 150 watts. I greatly whittled down the window of available lamps with those two stipulations. Oddly enough...I found these in a Lowe's home improvement store. All criteria met. And they look pretty nice.
I thought I'd share a few of the refinishing/new finishing projects on my list. This set of arm chairs and table need to be refinished to a dark color and then reupholstered. I have the new fabric...have had it for almost two years now! It is going to cost a small fortune to get them reupholstered so I am going to tackle the refinishing and save on that expense. But of course I have to do the refinishing before I send it to the upholsterer.
I had this wood screen made to hide the toilet in our master bath. I am planning to paint it.
This bathroom rug will be my color inspiration for the paint scheme. I haven't quite decided what I 'm going to do...that is always the biggest dilemma of any creative process.
And our second guest room. I'd like to stain all of these pieces to a darker color also.
And figure out what to do about these tiny night stands. I had a headboard made by my handyman to complement this furniture. It's in the garage...waiting for me to tackle it.
The only needle work action has been some embroidery work on my latest Bucilla project. Five nights have gotten me this far.
I am now ready to turn on my midarm and do some real quilting!