Saturday, September 28, 2019

Plaid Bucilla Ornament Kit Finish

I recently became an ambassador for Plaid Bucilla. I’ve been making Bucilla kits for over 20 years so it was a definite “yes” from me when Plaid contacted me. The perk for me is every now and then I get a complimentary kit.

Below is a kit from my stash, “Holiday Shopping Spree,” from 2017.

I think this kit is rather challenging. The seam allowances to join the pieces were 1/8th-inch. Being used to working with small pieces helped me. This is an adorable kit. It was worth the extra challenge.


There was a mistake in the stamping of the felt. 
First time I can remember encountering one like this in the kit.  The green felt pieces for the tree on the auto with the reindeer was the culprit. One of the pieces was printed twice and one was not printed at all. I had heard about the issue from another Bucilla enthusiast who had made the kit before me. I just made a new piece from scrap felt in the kit. It was just the reverse of one piece so very easy to replicate. 


Recently a reader of my blog left a comment asking for help with the kit Ballet Bears. I couldn't answer since the author of the comment was flagged as a "no reply Blogger." This is the default setting for leaving comments and if you want a response from me you have to go into Blogger and change your comment status so it will allow me to email a response to you. I made that mistake for several months when I first started reading blogs and leaving comments on Blogger. You can google how to make the change to your settings.

You can also reach me at my public Facebook Page, And Sew Forth.

Not sure what Plaid Bucilla kit I will work on next.

#plaidcrafts
#plaidamb


6 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Those are just precious, what fun ornaments.

Donna quilts said...

Lots of detail and work in each of those tiny ornaments - but they're lovely!

Sally said...

Well, as usual, I love your work on the kit....I've been inspired by you so many times. I'm currently working on a kit that's dated 2002 Kitty's Christmas. It's fairly simple and will be done soon, I hope. Then I need to choose another to work on...so many choices! Thanks for sharing all your work and the videos to do specific items like Fringe and cording.

Suz J said...

Woohoo! Go you on being recognised as an official kit whiz! I am constantly in awe of your talent especially as I have a beginner kit from around 25 years ago which has never been finished. Not my skill set.

Mary said...

Congrats on being made an ambassador. This kit turned out really cute.

Ramona said...

Congrats! on becoming a Plaid Bucilla ambassador! They sure chose the right person with all of the kits you've made over the years. These ornaments are just too cute. I just ordered this kit for myself. Keep on stitching! :)