Monday, September 2, 2019

Critters Everywhere

I have spent my holiday weekend doing a solo quilt retreat. I have even spent a few hours on my midarm quilting machine but what I am really jazzed about is all the quilt designs swimming around in my head. 

Got back my Quilting Mojo.

But first I am working on quilts already underway.

The Butterfly Patch quilt is looking great.


I played again with the design on EQ8 and think the version below is where I am going. It will have a row of nine-patches  on the left in the background lilacs and lavenders but it is too laborious to add that in EQ8 at this stage. 


And I have a flimsy finish, a quilt for my son in the Air Force who is Bigfoot enthusiast. The colors in this photo are so washed out, they are much warmer in person.  Yes...I added the phrase. I tried piecing letters but found them too, "blocky." I resorted to adapting the font, "Jokerman," I found in the computer program Word. I printed the lettering at 400-percent to get the right size. I had less than an inch of the background fabric when I finished. I was really sweating it!


It started with the Elizabeth Hartman pattern, "Legendary." I pieced all the tree blocks and the bigfoot block at a quilt retreat last February.


I have been really remiss this summer about sharing wildlife photos from my neighborhood. 
I was driving into town one morning in late June when I had to stop for a Mama moose crossing the road...with her three calves. Got this photo sitting in my car with the window rolled down...pretty darn close. 


The next two photos are from my neighbor's trail camera taken on August 14th. They live directly across the street from me and have lots of animals that traverse through their backyard.


A mama black bear with her three cubs. 


Then one morning while trying to make my coffee the dogs were outside barking like crazy. I expected to see a moose in my yard but instead I saw this pretty horse.


It belongs to the neighbors behind me and as soon as I finished taking the photo, the horse went right back home. 

Time to get back to quilting.

2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow - love seeing your wildlife - and your quilts!

Sally said...

Oh, those wildlife photos are wonderful....I love looking at them - from afar! I'm not an outisde kind of girl but I can appreciate what lives outside!