I have been deciding how to quilt this top as I go...not my usual style. I spent months doodling on this one but never got in a rhythm. It was time to just sink a needle and make it happen.
I'll do several colors of thread so I started with the navy blue thread areas as this is the predominate thread used in this quilt.
Not sure the stars stitched in a field of pebbling is popping as much as I would like but I am happy with the technique I came up with to mark them on my quilt top. I found 2-inch star shapes on the internet to print on card stock. After trimming to shape, I used double stick tape to hold them in place for positioning and then outlined with chalk.
I have all the blocks made for the butterfly patch quilt. Such a fun quilt to make.
I got one little ornament finished last week.
A good start to September.