Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Terrific Tuesday

I had a great day...wonderful walk with the dogs in the sun...clear blue skies...snow covered terrain and the trails to ourselves. I also pretty much ignored chores and hung out in the sewing room (that means playing catch-up on Wednesday). I finished the handwork on an applique block.


This is part of a Moda U quilt from a couple of years ago. 


Here are the other blocks I've finished so far. There are several more blocks to applique and then pieced blocks to add. I am hoping to just get the applique work done over the course of this year and then next year put it on my new list of UFO's because I'm just sure I will get all of this year's list taken care of!


Got the embroidery done on this block. The face will be completed with beads and the carrot button after quilting. This is the first block of 12 for this design...a Sue Garman quilt called Shivery Snowmen. It also has a patchwork block for each month. This is one I would also like to work on a little every month and then add to the 2012 UFO list. (I don't think that's how UFO lists are supposed to work but I'm just trying to be realistic.)

I'm close to finishing some other projects...



1 comment:

Marti said...

I don't applique - at least not well. Yours are great. I like the different shapes in a quilt.