Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up

Whoo Hoo! Finished quilting the Debbie Caffrey mystery. I had a tension issue early on...turns out I had a thread looped on the tension disk...no idea how that happened but I learn something new all the time. 


I used Dream Puff for the batting...a 100% polyester batting that can be quilted up to 10" apart. This won't be an heirloom but a well used quilt for my 16-year-old son. Not a huge fan of the 100% polyester content but considering it's use I think it's a good choice. 



I do like the way the quilting looks with this batting and it's a dream to work with. My son checks daily in the quilt's status so hopefully I will get the binding on soon.

My UFO #10 is ready for quilting...I guess...


I always have the urge to add on...but I see this quilt being given as a gift someday so lap-size is the most practical. Those big spaces of floral batik are crying for some fun quilting.

I'm not a football fan and since my dog is finally fully recovered I will attend a special Jazzercise class during the superbowl and take them for a walk...that won't leave much time for sewing...maybe enough time to clean up the palace...


Not a clear surface in sight from this side...


nor from this side...


and the "rec" room really should be called a "wreck..." 
But I sure have gotten a lot done!





1 comment:

Heather said...

These are both just gorgeous! I love the colors in your #10, and it'll make a wonderful gift for someone! You are cruising right along...

Had to giggle at your workroom shots. I just cleaned up my own "wreck" today, ready to get going on more projects! Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your kind comment on my January finish!