Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012

The first order of business is the changing of the calendar in the studio...


This Bernese mom and pup look just like my girl, Jenny. She had a rough night last night with all the fireworks. I finally put her in the truck which was parked in the garage with the garage heater running (the blower from the heater is very noisy...it was about -2 last night so the garage definitely needed to be heated.) I did give her a heavy dose of Benerdryl but it didn't seem to help much. Tonka wasn't bothered at all. He reminds me of a little toddler that plays hard all day and is ready to crash at bedtime...no matter what else is happening. So I'm getting an unusually late start to my day and I didn't have a single adult beverage last night!

Reading about so many of you spending the weekend sewing, I decided that was just what I was going to do...it just makes me sew happy! I worked on a new project that was started on Thursday at my Breakfast Club, Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom. I got all of the blocks done!


I hope to completely finish the top today. It could happen.

I couldn't wait to see which UFO number was drawn by Judy and it's #5...a tough one! But I love this quilt so it is exciting to think that I might have the blocks done by the end of this month.


I've started it...but all of the appliques are done with fusible web so they have to be secured with an outline stitch. I think there are 16 blocks in total. I've got the perfect wall for this quilt in the new house! 

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm not one that spent the weekend sewing, though I'm trying to get there yet today. Your pineapple blocks are beautiful and the applique is already stunning - it's a shame it's not already hanging on a wall!

Sally said...

That applique quilt is going to be stunning...might I ask where you got the pattern? I'm thinking I might need to get that one....like I need another project!

Happy New Year.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful blocks! I hadn't seen that pattern of Bonnie's. As soon as I get a bit further with the two projects I am working on I need to check her patterns out a little more. My mind is already wandering around trying to figure out whats next!
Karen