Last week I spent a few evenings and all day Saturday in the studio working on borders. Making your own variation is very gratifying but time consuming...but it's about the process, right?
I did the border design with EQ7...and usually it figures out all the math for me but when it created the inner dark purple border to fit the 4-patch squares set on point...it didn't give me measurements for the inner dark purple border. It made them as a template...it wouldn't let me pick rotary cutting as option which was the big problem. My first attempt was wrong (basically I had my sides switched...they aren't the same all the way around) so I spent all of Saturday making and remaking the inner borders for two sides. I sure hope I get it right...the second try I used the formula Judy Laquidara has in her latest book about borders. I'll let you know if I am successful.
Sunday I enjoyed my son John's, 21st birthday.
He was completely thrilled to get new jeans, a flannel shirt/jacket and a Kindle Fire. I must say I was very impressed with the Kindle Fire for the price...might have to put that on a wish list for myself. Notice how uncooperative the dogs were...usually they have such nice smiles.