Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Little Piece of Home


Yesterday we arrived back in Paris. Today our small shipment of household goods came. The tastes of home are a welcome sight. 

Our trip to the San Francisco was wonderful...except for our visit to the French consulate to get our long-term visas. We've had this ongoing problem with the French government deciding the state abbreviation "AK" is for Arkansas...not Alaska. It has created some problems since the French consulate in Houston is where Arkansas residents must go...they didn't want to take us in San Francisco...after they finally realized it was their mistake the snooty French diplomate became more friendly and processed the visas...but it was touch and go for a while in our world of international relationships.

We really need to learn some French!

Back to the goodies in our shipment. My sewing room is here!


So much shopping to do. I have to hit the farmer's market tomorrow so it will be a few more days until I  get everything organized. 

Paris put out it's Christmas decorations while we were gone...I'm going to have to charge up my camera. I just love the way so many of these small restaurants decorated...lots of great ideas.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL, I live in Arkansas and I don't know how many times I have gotten mail with the abbreviation for Alaska but the zipcode is right so I get the mail. Glad you got it all straightened out and got back to Paris ok.
Now dig into those brownies and all will be well.

Cathy said...

Those look like great home away from home goodies. And having your sewing room arrive must feel wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of Paris at Christmas.

Béa said...

Welcome in France, Debbie !