Friday, April 5, 2013

English-Free Zone

I guess I should be thrilled we have been allowed to move our French lessons to a Normandy chateau...but I'm very anxious...I think we will be flogged if we speak English.  I think our location is near this site...


Mont St Michel
I requested to visit the island castle. Looks pretty amazing. I did a Wikipedia search in English so I know a little bit about the place. We will be in Normandy until noon on Monday. My husband is trying to be encouraging by saying it will only be 48 hours...I think I'll be counting down every one of those hours...in French of course.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh the island castle is beautiful!! yes I do understand your apprehension on only speaking French! let us know how it goes and if you get flogged!

Donna quilts said...

I am so enjoying your last few posts with the wonderful photos - not only of the "sights", but also the flowers and shops. The best way to learn a language is to be immersed in it, so enjoy your weekend in french and relax - you probably know more french that you admit to!

Lynette said...

oooo - fun!! GOSH, I would love to see that. :D Even if I had to struggle to understand folks for a couple days. Drink it in for me, too!

Jan Marie said...

Good luck and take lots of pictures.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow, sounds like quite the trip, is your head spinning from all the immersion yet?