Monday, December 27, 2010

Design Wall Monday


I'm pushing to finish piecing my variation of the design "Bali 
Sea Stars," by Thursday to share with my Breakfast Club which meets once a month.  Six large rows of stars are done now. I've got four more rows of sashing plus a small inner border and then piano keys all around for the final border. I am looking forward to quilting this top...some great space to play with designs.


Countdown of 2010 Completed Quilts Continues...


Gee...this book cover looks very similar to the quilt top I'm working on...yep...this is the original design I'm working from. This book is one of my all time favorite quilting books. I have completed two quilts and Bali Sea Star will make three from this book. And there are several more I would like to make. I can't remember any book I've made more than one quilt from! 

One of my favorite quilts is based on "Beach Cottage."


Such a tranquil feeling this quit has...
I used two Hoffman Bali Pops I got at a great price in the color way
 Cotton Candy so my quilt is titled
Candy Cottages


Here's a close-up of the quilting...


I had a few tiny pieces of these two bali pops left. I used every tiny scrap that I could to piece the border which is what took longer to work on than the central blocks. 




6 comments:

Teaquilts said...

Love, love your setting with the scrap basket quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I got that book for a present! glad to see others like it too.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Diane said...

I'll bet you get it done-it looks great

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

All of your quilts are gorgeous. I love the designs. I was going to send you an email but could not find one. I have a good friend at Eagle River. She is also a quilter, Ina Ayers. Do you know her????

Alycia said...

Love you setting with the scrap quilt. That is Just perfect for it! Good lluck getting it finished!

Barb in Mi said...

Your designw all looks great. Love your setting of the Bali Sea Stars!