Tuesday, January 11, 2011

BOM Progress

I have sewn up the first block of a new BOM from Pieceful Kwilter but I'm thinking it needs some reworking...just not enough contrast. A constant problem when working with batiks...but gosh...I really love batiks. The setting triangles around the block on diagonal are constant for each month and I think I will start by reworking them...I think the central block works. 


I'll be tackling block #6 from the Layer Cake Quilt Along...another batik project. I wish I could just play all day in the sewing room!


1 comment:

Tizzie said...

I could concur or disagree, but ultimately you have feel right about your results....

I love batiks, too! I love the ones in this block and the pairings you used. The block is very striking and pleasing to my eye enough contrast or not.