Monday, March 28, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I've been very busy but haven't had much to share in terms of finishes or interesting photos. 
This week I hope to finish two quilts:


Two sides of the binding to hand sew on my Iditaquilt...I'll tackle that during Dancing with the Stars. Looks like I'm hooked on another season of the show.


I'm loading this top on my quilt frame today and need to have it done in time for my monthly quilt gathering on Thursday. It could happen!

Did a little internet shopping (I had a birthday this month).


A new line of batiks from Holly Taylor at Moda, Dragonfly Summer. Love it. Thinking about a design for it. There is also a line of cotton prints that are very reminiscent of a line from many, many years ago. I didn't get that because I have the previous line of fat quarters that have been decorating the shelves of my sewing room...I think it was called Moose Lake. 


I'm not sure if I have every thing for this particular pattern but since Dragonfly summer looks so similar this might be a  good time to take it to the next step...cutting. Whenever I buy a set of fat quarters I have to look at them as a set for a long time before I can actually take them apart...four or five years! Wow...I can't believe it's possibly been that long. I tried to make my own pattern for this set and never got it worked out so I stopped...

My big dilemma is what project to work on at my monthly quilt gathering on Thursday. The group is doing a very simple stash buster that looks like string blocks. I like the idea but I'm just not feeling the call of that design at this time...

Kim Bracket's new book, "Scrap-Basket Sensations" is calling loudly to me.




4 comments:

Chris said...

Everything is so yummy. I wouldn't know where to start. Happy birthday :)

happydaysquilting said...

Happy Birthday, love your fabric present (i'm drooling)great looking quilts too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love those batiks - nice having a birthday isn't it :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Wow, that delectable mountain border is fantastic!