Friday, March 4, 2011

Let there be light...

My quilting took a diversion today into color therapy. I started a BOM with Pieceful Kwilter. This was my first version of the block #1.


I just didn't like it. I thought about changing the setting triangles and I took them off and previewed some other fabrics but it just wasn't making me happy. So...I pondered what direction to go. The second month's pattern was released and I still didn't know what I was going to do. The third month's pattern was released and finally things started to click...


The background floral fabric is my inspiration. 


Block #2


Block #3

The blocks are missing the setting triangle blocks but I'm not ready to commit to a plan on those yet.
For now I'll just enjoy thoughts of spring flowers...we don't really get those in Eagle River.



3 comments:

Cathy said...

They are lovely blocks. I did her BOM last year, and was really pleased with the way it turned out.

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous blocks! I am going to abandon my civil war block project and get started on these. Thanks for the inspiration!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful fabrics in your blocks! I have all 3 blocks and really need to get started on this. Have fun!