Thursday, March 24, 2011

Words of Warning

Just had to tackle the latest block for the Layer Cake Quilt Along with Moose on the Porch Quilts. It's not as easy as it looks! I did my usual scant 1/4" seam but that was too small...upped it to the full 1/4" on the "E" arms and now my block is 12 3/8 squared instead of 12 1/2" like all the other blocks. I used my seam ripper far too much on this block already and will probably fix this before putting it away.


It is a nice looking block. 

I am now adjourning to my quilting machine. I threw the dogs in their dog run with new bones and told them to get over the lack of a walk today. We have finally started our break-up weather which means lots of icy patches to navigate on dog walks and with a strong, 80-lb dog on the leash I sometimes feel like I'm in a Disney movie where the dog is more like a horse and I'm just holding onto the reins and hoping for a good outcome. You  know what usually happens in those movies...the person usually winds up landing in a pile of poop! I'm trying to avoid that too.


No comments: