Monday, May 9, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Mother's Day was lovely. We went to see the Blue Man Group for an afternoon show and then out to dinner. My husband gave me a beautiful platter made by a local artist,  Romney. She hand paints on Dansco clogs but it seems a girl only needs so many pairs of clogs so time to get some pottery.


Forget-Me-Nots are the state flower for Alaska. There are all these textures in the design that don't show in the photo...I love it! 

Back to quilting:


I've been trimming the scraps from the stitch-n-flip corners from this quilt...


I plan to throw them in an inner border. I will finish it off with a piano key border...hopefully I'll get that done this week.


I need to cut this fabric for borders on my UFO quilt for May...


And finally...


Handsewing the binding on my LQCA quilt.

7 comments:

Judy D in AZ said...

I really enjoy seeing your photos. Your eye for color is so good.

This is actually a question and not a comment. It is about the UFO for May. I have a BOM that I set like your UFO. When I sew the long rows together (there are 3) one of them is skewed. I have taken it apart, ironed, measured, re-pinned and still it comes out skewed. I'm assuming it is because of the bias edges. I'm ready to take it all apart and reset the blocks some other way. Any advice or clues first? Did you have any problems with yours?

Chris said...

All great projects. I love your platter. Your May UFO is just stunning!! Great colors.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great eye candy on your blog today, but I especially love the photo of the binding, because it is so exciting when you're that close to finishing (and I love those colours!)

Sue Daurio said...

what wonderful projects. Love the way you put the colors together. And the plate is awesome!!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Great post! All of it interesting and pretty!

Diane said...

OmyGosh love all your pictures in this post-the platter(gorgeous!) the fabric and the quilts.

Debbie in Texas said...

what is the name of the block on the top right hand corner of your blog? it really caught me eye! I also would like to know where it came from thanks & take care, Debbie