Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quilting Connections

I  am SEW EXCITED!
I took part in the Festival of Quilts...as of this posting there were 487 participants...I didn't get to every blog yet but one in particular it seems is my quilting soul mate...Kathy at Tamarack Shack. I can see that I need to spend some time reading past postings on her blog because after a quick check I got the greatest technique...


No...I didn't lose my mind and take a black magic marker to my quilt top...


Plexiglass  with a dry erase marker!!!!!
I can test a quilting design right on top of my quilt. 

After my back breaking chore of washing the dogs on Monday I treated myself to a trip to the nearest home improvement center and bought a sheet of plexiglass. (I know...I did think about ice cream as a better treat but a girl's got to have her priorities.)  I bought a sheet 24x48 inches and had it cut into 2, 24-inch squares. This has rocked my quilting world!

Thank you Kathy!

3 comments:

Kathy Schwartz said...

Your welcome! :)
Glad you found my tip useful.

Lynette said...

Yes, I have to get one, too!

Robin M said...

You ladies are listening to a very smart cookie. She has quilted a lot of my quilts, and hopefully she will continue to do so. We love her at our guild.