Monday, May 30, 2011

Design Wall Monday


I'm so thankful to live in the United States of America. Thank You to the men and women who have defended our country. Thank You to their families. Many times their personal sacrifice is great though they are just "ordinary" people. Something extra happens and they become extraordinary.

Memorial Day is quite often one of the best weather weekends we have so I've been spending most of it outside. But with the sun setting later and later I find myself working late into the night so I have made a little progress.


I have the center section of  "Talkeetna River Trip" done...


Sewing away on the border blocks.


I made templates from EQ7 to cut out the borders...I really enjoy EQ7!


Check out my newest favorite toy...the Cutting Gizmo. If you are a chain piecer this is a must. I wish I had thought of this 10 years ago! It's a single razor blade in a smart little holder that allows you to cut the thread between your chain-pieced units. It comes with extra razor blades that just push through the side to change out quickly. Ingenious. I think it was about $14...of course I got a discount on that price as I waited for a sale day at my local quilt shop.

Gotta hurry and get outside.

2 comments:

thatchristine.blogspot.com said...

Love the quilt and thanks for the tip on the cutter. I had not seen it before your blog. We have visited Alaska several times and twice have stayed the entire summer season. What abeautiful state you live in!

Kate said...

Love the colors and the fish focus fabric. Enjoy your long days!