Thursday, October 16, 2014

Playing Tourist

More visitors have kept me out and about with little time to blog. Today we went to the quilt shop, Inès Le Boutique du Patchwork. My mother-in-law,  Judy, was shopping with me today...she is a quilter too. We have been to the Houston International Quilt Show together many times. She will get to go this year without me. I've been walking her legs off around Paris to get her in shape for her upcoming marathon shopping day in Houston. She found a few things to take home with her.


Here's a look at the stash she picked up...two meters of a French fabric with 7 coordinating fat quarters.


A set of 18 fat quarters from Australian quilt designer, Lynette Anderson.


I know you want to know the cost. The set of 18 fat quarters were $42 euros or about $54 U.S. The French fabrics were $63 euros or about $83 U.S.

I also found some adorable ornament kits also designed by Lynette Anderson.


I googled and found out there are a total of 12 designs in this series...guess I will have Judy look for the others at the Houston Quilt show. Lynette Anderson is listed as an exhibitor so should be do-able. The kits were $8.50 euros a piece or a little over $10 U.S. I sure hope they are a bit less expensive in Houston...it will be fun to compare prices.

3 comments:

Donna quilts said...

Your mother in law's smile says it all - being in Paris and in a fabric shop! Your Christmas ornament kits look adorable.

Suz J said...

We pay about $7.50 - $8.00 per fat quarter for Lynette's fabrics in NZ. Makes patchwork a very expensive habit! She does design some lovely projects - often with those delightful custom buttons.

Lynette said...

I always wince at the price of fabric there and Australia! Enjoy your touristy time - I'm often jealous of you getting to live in Paris. :)