Monday, December 22, 2014

Today's Outing

We walked along the Champs Elysees...

I loved this idea...a stand of birch trees. This would look great in front of my Alaska house.


We then meandered our way to the Hard Rock Cafe. We were in search of the Paris T-shirt and American food. I had a very American style Chicken Cesar Salad, My son had BBQ ribs. It hit the spot. It wasn't Texas BBQ but it will do in a pinch.


Along the way we passed a very official French building with fancy guards. Turns out it was the French President's home, the Palais de l'Elysees. I couldn't get a photo but there was a huge, gorgeous Christmas tree in a courtyard area. 


Interesting ironwork on a large bank building. I'm pretty sure my son thought I was crazy to make him stop so I could take this picture.


Got the beards done on the Northwoods Santa Series. the pattern called for glued on beards but I like to stitch them in place.


Here's the designer's beards. I got pretty darn close to her conception.


Another outing planned for tomorrow...Mexican food. Strange for a Paris outing but I'm a bit tired of Duck Confit. Trying to entertain a 20-year-old man who has been to Paris twice already...working around food seems to make him happy. We do lots of walking!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That's a fantastic quilting design on that window grille. Would look great on a sashed quilt.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your Santa's - seeing Paris though your eyes is always fun. Somehow when thinking of Paris I do not think of Mexican food LOL - same as back in the USA?

Donna quilts said...

Sounds like you've been having a wonderful holiday with your son. I hope that you and your family have a happy Christmas.