New construction has it's problems. Little hiccups. The electrical breaker for the outlets in my studio keeps tripping when I try to sew on my machine. We had this problem with another set of outlets and that breaker got replaced...problem solved. I think I need to run an extension cord from another room for now. Too early to call and find out when it can be repaired.
I was totally energized to work on the borders of my wildlife quilt when the power outages stopped me. This quilt is a kit and I don't have enough of the border fabric to just do traditional borders. (I made the quilt larger than the kit's dimensions.) I am determined not to buy anymore fabric for the boarder. So my solution is to extend a block that borders a panel block into the border. This photo will give you the idea.
Sew many pretty batiks have been released lately. I am trying to satisfy myself with adorable charm packs. Love these new "Over the Rainbow," batiks from Moda.
Last week the railings on our second floor landing were installed! I still have to stain them and poly coat...who knows how long that will take me.
Construction starts on closet shelves today.
I got a little side tracked. Join Judy at Patchwork Times to see great design walls with projects in progress.