Monday, January 31, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I decided to start a little project that will just be fun and quick. This is Carrie Nelson's McGuffey pattern which started out as a Schnibbles pattern and later made it to her book "Schnibbles Times Two." These blocks were made from 2 charm packs and I will still get a piano key border...wow! The finished size is 31 1/2" squared


I hit a snag quilting a top with my Nolting Fun Quilter...skipping stitches again. I'm thinking my hook needs sharpening. It only does it when I place a press'n seal sheet on the top to follow a design and move the machine away from me...from my research the dull hook is the most likely problem...so for now I'm going to try a velum paper pinned on top. I'm ordering a back up hook just in case. Plus I read one about a gal who sharpened her hook too much and it cut her bobbin thread...sounds like something I would do!

I'm real excited to start February. I have a great quilt to hang for the first time...a Nancy Halvorsen design. I made it exactly as she designed...her fabric and button embellishments...I so rarely do that! One of my goals this year is to work on show-casing my quilts better when I bring them out for display. I'm house-bound with a recovering dog so never got to it for this quilt but I left part of my Christmas swag up...it wouldn't take much more to really add a nice finish to the display.




4 comments:

Chris said...

Both are such great projects. I love your schnibble.

Tizzie said...

Love both.....especially partial to "Love Is...", though! Get those quilts out.....

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fabulous quilt...I haven't seen that Love is pattern. You did a great job!

Alycia said...

So cute!!