Monday, June 27, 2011

Design Wall Monday

It's one of those weeks...lots of work...not much to show for it.
I'm cutting out a king-sized quilt with paper piecing and I'm working with templates so it's a little time consuming.


I went through and marked on my templates where outside edges were  so I could line them up on the grain line. Since I need mirror images of each piece I am able to cut regular strips from my fabric length and wack away at the templates. 


I have 56 blocks to make that each have two paper pieced halves...so 112 paper piecing patterns.

I've also been playing on EQ7...trying to work out two new patterns.

I'll be absent from the blogging sphere for a couple of weeks. We are headed to Arizona for a rafting trip through the Grand Canyon. Can't wait for a some heat and sun. Typical summer here in Alaska...rainy and cool.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Fun vacation! Have a great time. Look at all those pieces you've cut!

Denise :) said...

Your pieces look so pretty all stacked up and ready to sew! Have a great time on your trip and happy Monday! :)

kwiltnkats said...

I love PP too...a king size quilt not so much! I have found a basting stitch to hold down long narrow pieces helps during assembly. I envy you your white water rafting vacation. Sounds like a great time and certainly nothing shabby about the Grand Canyons! Sandi

Judy D in AZ said...

I have done a raft trip through the canyon twice and it is awesome. It was many years ago but I know your trip will be similar. It is so quiet and peaceful-no news, no phones, no internet. The scenery was awesome, the passengers interesting and the crew was so helpful and thoughtful. Unwind and enjoy!

Sand and Sunshine said...

That green/teal fabric is just wonderful. Is a a print or a batik?