Monday, October 10, 2011

Back in the Groove

I just couldn't take it anymore...I had to sew something!


I finished the whip stitching around the wool appliques on the final block of  Henrietta Whiskers. While looking for a heart button in my button stash I found a button that I had completely forgotten about that is perfect for the acorn house...


It might be hard to see but the little wood plaque says "Home Sweet Home.""


I managed to get the first border on...


Here's the fabric for the outer border.. I have had this in my stash for years. I can't wait to see it put together. And there are still some wool appliqued black birds to add to the top and bottom strips. I got some yummy hand-dyed purple wools just for those birds.

I also tackled September's block from Shannon at Pieceful Kwilter.


I still need to make the setting triangles for each block but here's how it looks so far.


Here's the main reason I found time to sew again...


Tonka, the newest member of our family, has learned to relax in the studio.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Aww, look at Tonka :) And don't you just love batiks? Your project is so pretty. Love the button find for Henrietta!

Eden said...

Lots of beautiful things to look at in this post! I have the Henrietta blocks, but haven't started them yet ending finishing a few other things. Yours is adorable and I love that last border fabric. all your colors for Shannon's BOM are so lovely and peaceful without any of the timidity that I associate with many pastel palettes. I am sure they will come together to make a stunning quilt. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Wow! I've finished my last Henreitta Whiskers block but you're still way ahead of me! Your quilt looks WONderful! Great job!

Rosa said...

Absolutely awesome!!I love your palette choice