Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Wrap Up

I am determined not to let my last project of 2011 become my first UFO for 2012 so I stayed up late and got an inner border and my HST border added. Found a beautiful purple batik in my stash...2 yards! Now I just need to add my last border. I am even toying with the possibility of quilting it.  I need to start looking for a backing...this is a big quilt...94 x 109 once the borders are on. How do I always wind up with huge quilts?


Anne Sutton's new blog-along is calling to me. Just out of curiosity, I printed up the instructions. It looks so easy!  And so pretty! It requires a dresden ruler/template. Again...just out of curiosity...I checked my drawer of acrylic templates that I rarely use...most of them I have never used but I was sure when I bought them that they were necessary.


Low and behold...I already own a dresden fan template...and it's even the right size. Guess it's just meant to be...I'll be adding that button to my blog...Scrappy Plate Club...here I come.

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

way to go! that is a big quilt but I bet you will be glad to not have a ufo to start the year off!
I will need to check Ann Sutton's blog along, I haven't looked lately.
Karen

Cathy said...

WOW, that Pineapple Blossom looks fabulous!! And I'm glad you're going to play along with the Dresden fans. I have to go out to the post office tomorrow and pick up a box of fabric, and while I'm out, I'm going to see if I can find one of those rulers

Suz J said...

From one large quilt maker to another... perhaps it's some kind of genetic condition?? Have just finished quilting a 105x90 monster... and am determined to conquer machine binding!